1) Matthew Robert Smith, born 28 October 1982, is an English stage and television actor.
2) Matt Smith became an actor after a football-related back injury.
3) His first performance was part of the youth team, in Murder in the Cathedral.
4) In 2003 he became a professional actor, in Fresh Kills and staring alongside Christian Slater in the stage adaptation of Swimming with Sharks.
5) His first TV roles came in 2006, in in the BBC adaptations of Phillip Pullman's The Ruby in the Smoke and The Shadow in the North.
6) The following year his first major Tv role came, as Danny in the BBC series Party Animals, and his first West End theatre role came in the same year in Swimming with Sharks.
7) Late in 2008 came Matt Smith's big casting to play the 11th incarnation of the Doctor.
8) At 26 years old, Smith is three years younger than Peter Davison was at the time of his casting as the Doctor in 1981.
9) Since he was only 26, the BBC were cautious of signing him because they were worried he wouldn't play the role adequetly.
10) The casting of Smith has also been controversal with fans; some saying he is to young, whilst others think it will work.
What is your opinion on Matt Smith and do you think he will make a mark on his character as the Doctor?
(Please leave a comment on this post or discuss it in the C-Box)
The information above has been sourced from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Smith_(British_actor)