2) He is already a well-known theatre actor.
3) He has achieved wider fame for his role in in Casanova and Einstein and Eddington, and his film role as Barty Crouch, Jr. in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
4) He was born David John McDonald on 18 April 1971 in Bathgate, West Lothian and grew up in Ralston, Renfrewshire.
5) His first professional role upon graduating from drama school was in a staging of The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui co-starring Ashley Jensen.
6) His name was put forward as a possible candidate for the role of the Ninth Doctor in 2004.
7) He then later became the Tenth Doctor.
Click here to find out who it was.