Sunday, 21 June 2009
10 Facts About Timothy Dalton
It looks like Timothy Dalton will definatly appear in Tennant's finale after last weeks spoiler evidence; but do you know much about him? Below are 10 key facts about Dalton:-
1) Timothy Dalton was born on 21st May, 1946, in Colwyn Bay, Wales.
2) He is best known for playing James Bond in The Living Daylights and Licence to Kill , and is also well known for his Shakespearean film and play roles.
3) Dalton's mother was American but was a decedent of Italian and Irish background, whilst his farther is English.
4) He first became interested in acting after he left Grammar school in 1964 in which he enrolled in The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and toured with the national youth theatre.
5) Timothy then went onto quickly pick up parts in TV mainly working for the BBC, manging to secure his first movie role as Philip II of France in The Lion in Winter soon after.
6) In 1971 Dalton took a break from films to concentrate on roles in theatre performing with the Royal Shakespeare Company, around the world.
7) Dalton's first appearance as 007 in The Living Daylights was very successful, and improved on the previous two Bond films with Moore.
8) Unfortunately, his second film, 'Licence to Kill', did not come out as well as its predecessor, performing poorer at the U.S. box office.
9) After finishing with Bond, Dalton dived his work between film, TV and stage.
10) His latest work finds him appearing in Doctor Who, in which he will appear later this year.
What do you think of Dalton appearing in Who- Good or Bad? Please leave a comment.